Carter County Kentucky Voter Registration
If you reside in a county other than Carter, please use the following link to search for the Clerk’s Office for your county: http://elect.ky.gov/contactcountyclerks/pages/default.aspx. (On a mobile device, this link may be redirected to the Kentucky State Board of Elections mobile site. If so, tap on Election Results, tap on Menu at the top-right or the screen, and choose Results by County.)
Before registering to vote in Carter County Kentucky, registrants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be 18 years old on or before the general election
(If the registrant is 17 years old, but will be 18 at on or by the date of the general election,
voting is possible if the registrant meets all other requirements.)
- Must not claim the right to vote outside of Kentucky
- Must live in Kentucky at the address provided on the registration card
- Must not be a convicted felon
(Only convicted felons who have had civil rights restored through executive pardon may register.)
- Must not have been deemed “mentally incompetent” by a court of law
Completing the Voter Registration Card
Follow the instructions below to complete the voter registration card.
- Print the Voter Registration Card.
- Use blue or black ink—not pencil—to fill out the card.
- If you answer “no” to either A or B, do not complete the card.
- The registration card is also used to submit changes in previous registration information, so check the reason(s) for submission.
- Leave the sections concerning precinct code, precinct name, town, and other code blank. These will be completed by the County Clerk’s Office.
- Please fill out the following information:
Social Security Number
Date of Birth
County of Residence—Please Print
Last Name, First Name, Middle Name)—Please Print
Suffix (if applicable)
Street Address (P.O. Boxes not accepted for Street Address)—Please Print
Mailing Address (if different from Street Address)—Please Print
- Carefully read the rest of the card before signing.
- If a “mark” is used by the registrant in place of a signature due to disabilities or other reasons, two witnesses are also required to sign.
- Mail the completed card to:
Carter County Clerk
300 W. Main Street, Room 232
Grayson, Kentucky 41143
When the Clerk’s Office receives and processes your registration, you should receive a card which either verifies your registration was successful and provides you with your precinct and voting locations or informs you of any problems.
Olive Hill location will be OPEN this Saturday from 8:15 - Noon. Grayson location will be OPEN Saturday, February 24th from 8:30 - Noon.
Drop Box Locations:
Ballot Drop box locations are in the Old Courthouse on the 2nd floor and in the Olive Hill Clerk's office.
Carter County Clerk